When we trust something, we expect it to not let us down. The same goes for your house’s foundation. But how can you know when it’s time to call an expert? Here are different signs you should look out for:
1. Uneven Floors: This may not always be noticeable to you, but maybe a ball can help you. Try rolling a ball across the floor and if it rolls to the same corner every time, chances are your foundation is settling and becoming uneven.
2. Sagging Floors: Have you ever felt like you’re going to fall through the floor, like your floors are sinking in? That’s never a good sign. If anything, it’s a sign that your house has foundation issues.
3. Hairline Cracks: You probably don’t pay any attention to the small cracks in your wall(s), especially if they only look like a strand of hair. But cracks are actually caused when your foundation settles under the weight of your home and another part doesn’t.
4. Sticky Windows and Doors: Sticky doors and windows are incredibly annoying, but it also means that your foundation is sinking unevenly.
5. Porch Doesn’t Appear Attached as it Used to: Is it just you or does the porch look like it’s sticking out from your home?
If you’re not sure if you have a problem, don’t call your neighbor for a second opinion. Call SSR and we’ll help you out! 980-250-2711